Yesterday Daniel, Cheza and I drove to the South Island to meet up with an old friend at a craft fair. Let me tell you, her stuff to SO cute! She makes baby items (and a few big girl items too) like hats, headbands and blankets. Just looking at her pieces invoked a little bit of the "baby-bug" in me (but don't get your hopes up family, we're still planning to wait a bit). She is scheduled for a few more craft shows this winter, but you can also check out her etsy shop. Amy's beautiful baby Kezzia does all her modelling, isn't she a adorable?


It is always so much fun to wander around craft fairs. The variety of people and their crafts is amazing. It is definitely inspiring for me, as I am starting up Cotton Fox Shop. I remember when I was 6 or 7 my mom bought us a table at a local craft fair. We spent s few months prior making little Christmas decorations, and gift tags, such a precious memory. I certainly hope I am as creative and inventive a parent as my mother.
A particular fellow stood out. He was 90-something years old, dressed in his World War II pilots uniform, selling a book he had written about growing up in the prairies, going to war, and coming home. It was so sweet to look through the photos in the book with him and his wife as they pointed out their first flight together, when they met, and his flight crew. I feel so blessed that there are still brave men and women around willing to tell their stories about such a painful time in history. And on that note, Happy Remembrance Day.
Jordan

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from readers, so don't be afraid to say "hi"!