Friday, 16 November 2012

And some days... we fail.

    Failure and I have never been friends. In fact I am definitely one of those people who avoids doing things if I know I will do poorly... it's not healthy, I don't suggest adopting that trait. 
    
    Due to that very fact, starting Cotton Fox has been a big step for me. Not knowing if I will succeed, if I will ever be able to meet my goals-- it's quite nerve wracking! Some days have been good so far, full of productivity and inspiration. But other days have been bad. Well, terrible. A few weeks ago I spent all day working through a new blouse pattern, but the final product was terrible, and not even worth adjusting the pattern for a better fit... it was just an unsalvageable frumpy mess. 
   
    Today was another one of those days. I spent (I kid you not) six hours threading, rethreading, tweaking, rethreading, watching youtube tutorials about, reading manuals for, rethreading.... my serger. Ohhhhh my serger! By hour four I was seriously wondering how angry my landlord would be if I broke the window by hurling my serger through it. By hour five I was practically snarling at my sweet husband who was trying to lend a hand. And by hour 6 I was ready to go hide under my bedcovers and cry like a little girl. 
    
    I still have not found a solution for the problem, but after calling all the sewing/quilting/sewing machine shops in town (and the towns nearby) I think I have found someone who can help. In the meantime my little heart is sitting rather heavily in my chest. It feels like such an empty wasted day. 

    Thankfully, there is always Dr. Suess...

"I'm sorry to say so
but, sadly, it's true
that Bang-ups
and Hang-ups
can happen to you.

You can get all hung up
in a prickle-ly perch.
And your gang will fly on.
You'll be left in a Lurch.

You'll come down from the Lurch
with an unpleasant bump.
And the chances are, then,
that you'll be in a Slump.

And when you're in a Slump,
you're not in for much fun.
Un-slumping yourself
is not easily d
one.

...

NO!
That's not for you!

Somehow you'll escape
all that waiting and staying
You'll find the bright places
where Boom Bands are playing.

With banner flip-flapping,
once more you'll ride high!
Ready for anything under the sky.
Ready because you're that kind of a guy!"

So for anyone else in a slump, or a lurch, or whatever... tomorrow is on its way :) 


 Jordan


1 comment:

  1. Feel for you sweet Jordan! I could not learn to use a serger. I hope it works out for you. Call me and we will go for tea some time.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers, so don't be afraid to say "hi"!