My baby boy is three months old; and what a month it has been. Elijah experienced his first Christmas, New Years, and his first visit to the Main Land (that's what us Vancouver Islanders call the rest of BC). I can't believe the transformation over the past month. He has changed from a little baby to a little boy with his very own personality. Don't get me wrong, he is still my baby, but something has definitely shifted. I love it. I am enjoying every stage, every new discovery, every little smile.
This month:
-Elijah has started reaching for objects, mainly the toys that hang from his Ikea LEKA Baby Gym.
-He is definitely seeing much further now, we realized when he spotted Daddy across the dining table and gave him a big grin.
-He is FINALLY going to sleep at a reasonable hour, most nights around 9pm, instead of his previous 11pm.
-More "talking" and cooing!
-Is taking in a lot more visually. We can sit and read books and he will stare at the page, especially if there are lots of bright colours.
-Wants to "stand" most of the time, and can pretty much bare his own weight already!
-Dan has been growing his beard since September (when he started teaching) and can't kiss Elijah without Elijah trying to eat his beard, it's pretty cute!
-The teething (drooling, midnight crying, and chewing) has begun.
-When Elijah is tired he starts to whip his head back and forth, I'm not sure why exactly, but it is apparently nothing to worry about. Except when he does it in his cradle, when he repeatedly knocks his little head against the side. Poor little fella.
-Loves being Super Baby
-Loves when Mommy sings (Puff the Magic Dragon and parts of My Curly-Headed Babby)
![]() |
| My little turtle. |





I miss him!!!! (And you!)
ReplyDelete