Thursday, 23 June 2016

Handmade Shop Highlight: Soleil, Handcrafted Home Beauty and Baby Blends

     Handmade has always been close to my heart. I love that it is becoming more and more "mainstream" with shops popping up all over the place. In this series I will be sharing a few of our favourite handmade shops, everything from baby clothing to jewelry to art! Enjoy!

****

    Shortly after I started revamping Cotton Fox Shop, a sweet momma reached out to me asking if I would be interested in a swap. She had recently started her handmade business, Soleil, making lovely soy candles and teething necklaces. I was so thankful and excited to have someone reach out, and within a month or so, I had two of her lovely soy candles! I really have enjoyed these candles. I love that I don't have to worry about weird chemicals floating into the air when I burn them, something that 3 years ago would maybe have worried me less, but now with little ones running (and crawling) around, I have become much more aware what we keep in our house. In fact I think I had only bought one candle since having Elijah, just because I hated the idea of him breathing in yucky fumes at the expanse of "auviance". But now I can burn these creamy candles without fear or guilt! 




 I had also been loving Amanda’s teething necklaces, so I ordered one and she made it specially for me! I have worn it SO much! Olive loves to chew on it and play with it while she is nursing. The necklace has been used and abused and has held up really well! Amanda also carries the most adorable Mommy and Me necklace sets, I might NEED one when Olive is a bit older. If you are in the market for some soy candles or a teething necklace (and I just saw a sneak peek of some screen printed onsies she is adding to her shop!) definitely go check out Soleil Handcrafted on Facebook or on Etsy.




I am looking forwards to posting about some more of our favourite handmade shops, so stay posted! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers, so don't be afraid to say "hi"!