Monday, 5 October 2015
Elijah is 2!
Yesterday was Elijah's second birthday, can you believe that? I cannot begin to express how thankful I am for that little boy. He is so full of kindness and compassion, creativity and humor. Two years ago I was snuggling my precious newborn after a slightly traumatic birth and thanking the Lord that I was able to hold, love, and see my son grow. I still thank Him often, especially after rough days of time outs and temper tantrums (both Elijah's and mine), I remember how blessed I am to experience this life with him.
This past year with Elijah has been the most fun yet! I love the toddler stage, and can see it is running out quickly, so I am trying to savor it as much as I can.
A few of his favorite things:
-Running around the "route" in our house (kitchen to living room to hallway to kitchen repeat x1000)
-Building: he has various types of blocks, and we just gave him a set of wooden blocks for his birthday which he spent a good portion of the morning playing with
-Bikes and motorbikes
- Putting money in his piggy bank (sometimes he goes through peoples wallets and gets money and then comes and asks to put it in his piggy bank... no joke.)
-Books (Lucky Little Duck is a favorite right now, and Ears)
-His sister (Elijah has never acted jealous with Olive, for which I am VERY thankful)
-The park
-His toy cars and trains
-Helping Daddy fix and build things
-Putting on his apron to help mommy clean
-Drawing and coloring -- Daniel started him on a "Happy Face" kick where he wants you to draw him a million happy faces.
-Singing, he can now sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider, parts of Jesus Loves Me, and parts of Danny Boy. He can also sing the theme for Batman even though he has never seen it.
- Curious George and Thomas are still favorites for TV, but Barney is a close third thanks to Nana Sue ;)
Elijah is developing in his speech really well, and I can't believe how quickly it went from animal sounds to singing songs and mimicking everything we say. So much in a year...
I could write on and on, and really should write more, thinking of all the sweet memories I want to hold onto. The stages go so quickly right now, each week he is learning and doing something new.
Jordan Bouwers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from readers, so don't be afraid to say "hi"!