Five months. My baby boy is nearly half a year old! Every day he is getting so much more like a little boy, and less and less like that tiny baby I came home with. Who am I kidding? He was never a "tiny" baby, but he certainly was a lot smaller than he is now!
This month has been a tough one. I'm sick, Elijah has been sick, and Daniel's been busy (nothing new there). If you didn't know, Daniel doesn't get sick. Somehow his body manages to fight off all the colds and flu bugs I always get. Darn my lack of immune system.
I thought I would be smart and buy us a good ol' pineapple. You know, get some vitamin C. My body apparently did not think it was such a good idea, as I now have sores in my mouth and the corners of my mouth from the acidity. Lovely.
Alright, no more complaining, this is about Elijah. My precious, little monkey. He truly is the joy of my life, and I thank God for him daily. Here's a little update from month five:
This month:
-Elijah moved from his cradle into his "big boy" bed, aka his crib. He's doing alright in it, I definitely think he is enjoying having a bit more room to move around. One down fall, though, is his soothers fall out the sides. Not my favorite thing at two in the morning when I'm looking for a "soo-soo".
- Speaking of the almighty soo-soo... He's pretty much over them. At least during the day time. He's rather chew on his hand, or a toy. But he's still needs them at night for falling asleep.
-He has started giving "kisses" which is basically him trying to suck on my face. I tell myself their kisses.
-Sleep training is more seriously underway now. I just rolled my eyes as I typed that, since there were a couple nights of breaking the schedule, and it seems like we are back to square one. We had Elijah down to three wake-ups and feeds a night, but then ended up being out late at a family gathering, and a time change, and it just threw the little guy off completely.
-This month was also the first time Elijah really got quite sick. He was coughing a lot, waking himself up every hour for about four nights. He was on antibiotics and a puffer; the puffer was NOT a hit, poor little fellow.
-First solids! We have been letting Elijah taste little things here and there for the past month, but only really started letting him try solids in the last few days. Like most babies, he has some trouble keeping it in there, but he loves it!
-He's a pro at rolling over now, and seems to be trying skooch himself forward with his legs. Unfortunately, his arms aren't strong enough to keep him from just pushing his face into the ground.
- We had him weighed a couple weeks ago and he was just under 16 pounds. He is down from the 95th percentile, which he was at birth, to the 75th. Our doctor was a bit concerned about his eating at first, but upon examination, says that since his weight to head circumference is fine, he may just not be meant to be a big baby.
At 5 months old Elijah likes:
-Crinkly noise toys
-His jolly jumper
-Pooh Bear and Otter, his new friends who live in his crib.
-His mobile, which I installed when we switched him to his crib.
-Still loves snuggles with Momma and Dad.
-Bananas, wheat cereal, and water from a cup.
-Making squealing noises
-Music
-Pulling Momma's hair and Daddy's beard
-His play saucer
-Cheza (Elijah really started noticing Cheza this month, and loves watching her wander around. She's really good with him, even when he gets fists full of her fur).
-Baths and showers
-Watching his cousins






No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from readers, so don't be afraid to say "hi"!