Elijah Cedar Bouwers
Born October 4th 2013
Weighed 9lbs. 2 oz.
Today my little baby is two months old. I can't quite believe two months have passed since the morning my water broke, since the afternoon that I spent hanging over a giant exercise ball in the shower, or since the evening that Elijah Cedar came into the world. It was the most painful, exhausting, scary, and joyous day of my life.
| 6 days old |
Now that little Elijah is here, I can't quite imagine my life without him. I love everything about him. I am amazed by him every day.
Elijah started smiling about a week ago, and I can't even believe how that little smile melts my heart. There is something so incredible about feeling that connection with your baby for the first time. He smiles at me and I see a glimpse of who he is, who he is becoming, who he will be. My greatest accomplishments seem minuscule next to this little guy. But I know I certainly did not do this alone. Well, yes, Daniel helped, but I was primarily referring to God. I feel something now that I have never really felt before: chosen. Chosen to raise this pudgy little boy. Chosen to be with my husband, to support and love him. Chosen to be here, on Earth, alive. Chosen the bring God glory in any way that I can.
I have to admit, though, there are still times I shake my head in disbelief. I mean, I have a BABY. I'm someones MOTHER. Most of me doesn't feel a day older than 14 and here I am taking care of this tiny person... whom I made... inside my body... weird.
| One month! |
- Elijah started smiling, is much more observant of his surroundings, and has started using his voice is a non-crying manner more often.
-He loves watching the mobile above his swing and looking at Daddy's photos that hang above the couch.
- He also loves his "soo-soo" (pacifier), but is becoming coordinated enough to get his fist up to his mouth.
-I also love how communicative he has become recently, lots of "talking" to Momma and Dad.
-He loves loves loves the bath!
-If he is fussing, the almost fail-safe way to get him to calm down is to put him on his change pad, which is in front of the bathroom window. I think there is something about the light that calms him down.
![]() |
| My big two month old boy! |


He looks so cute! This is a wonderful post to look back at, xoxo.
ReplyDelete