Last Fall Daniel and I started talking about moving. Not a permanent move, but taking a year or two to better our finances and have a little adventure. We looked at an amazing job in Scotland, and some in Asia, and eventually the most realistic option was Yukon. So Daniel started the application process (lots of paperwork) in December. And that, my friends, is why I have been left waiting... and waiting... and waiting. Things are coming to a head now, and while my heart is torn between the home, family, and community I love so dearly, the excitement over a new adventure (and the sheer terror over how I will get my house organized and packed) is brewing as well. Hopefully we will know within the next couple of weeks, and then either a crazy rush of sorting, packing, and preparing our house for renting, or I get to prepare to spend the summer lazily at the lake and beach. I know, I know, option b sounds a lot more appealing. But in the long run, financial stability and being able to afford some serious renovations sounds even better. And I must admit, the lure of the North has caught be bit. The place of my childhood, I can't help thinking there is ice and snow (and bug bites) in my bones. How exciting for my little ones to experience a winter of sledding almost daily, snowmobile rides to the cabin, and snowshoeing in the forest. It is so easy to get caught up in the bustle of life here in the "South," I look forward to (the possibility of) slowing down and reconnecting with the rugged untamed wild of the North. Anyways, I will keep you posted ;)
Jordan

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from readers, so don't be afraid to say "hi"!