Sunday, 14 June 2015

Daniel's Graduation

 On June 3rd I was blessed to be witness my husband, Daniel, receive his second Bachelor Degree. He has had his Bachelor of Education for about 4 years now, however he was one course short of his Bachelor of Arts when he left university. This past Christmas break he buckled down and finished his final class via distance, and then a few months later he was  FINALLY able to walk across the stage and receive his degree. I'm so proud of him, not just for finishing that final class, but for the many years he spent in university pursuing his passion. Obviously after four years of teaching, the warm-fuzzies have warn off, but he continues to be a dedicated and caring teacher, always striving to improve. Congratulations, Daniel!

Now, onto less-important-but-still-so-necassary matters... I feel like I need to share that I spent almost the entire 3 hour ceremony thinking the guy to the right of Daniel had long, curly, blonde hair. I mean, tell me I was not way off. It almost perfectly frames his head. 


And then there is this photo: everyone is so happy after just having switched their tassels over (why do that do that?) except for that ONE guy (to Daniel's left). I have not a single smiling photo of that guy (and I took a lot of photos). Thankfully he is giving a thumbs up and looks like Inigo Montoya, so we shall forgive him.


Here we have Daniel still looking for us as he walks off the stage. Even after I yelled out "That's the father of my children!" when he was walking across the stage, he still couldn't figure out where we were in the crowd.


Relief!


My two favorite guys! We didn't attempt to have Elijah with us during the ceremony, something about toddlers and three hours of sitting that just don't mix. Thankfully we had a bit of time with the gown before Daniel had to return it, so we ran around downtown and got a few (hundred) pictures.



It was a bit of a nostalgic experience for Daniel and I, as the last grad ceremony we had attended for him was just a few months before we got married. We were just babies, and looking back, just getting to know each other. Jump forward 4 years and here we are with two little munchkins and a whole lot of love and learning behind (and ahead) of us. 






And here is a sneak peek for a future post, coming in about 16 years ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers, so don't be afraid to say "hi"!