This time around I have a good set of basics, and a lot more understanding of WHAT I need. I also realize that, since I will probably be doing this again in a couple years, it is a worthwhile investment to find clothing a like and that fit me (every step of the way). So here is my goal wardrobe. A number of these pieces I will be sewing (hello, belly bands!) or thrifting, and quite a few of them I already have (yay!).
If you have never heard of a capsule wardrobe, basically it is a small wardrobe, planned and created to have many the pieces to match with one another. The purpose is to create a large number of unique outfits using a small number of pieces, thus making a simple, minimalist, but attractive wardrobe.
(Click for larger size)
While many of these are not the exact pieces I have/will have in my wardrobe, they are quite similar. I am excited to try out the capsule wardrobe life, and I think this is a pretty good way to try it out before deciding if it is something I want to do with my entire closet.
What do you think about the "Capsule Wardrobe" fad?


That's a really good collection. I had the very same pregnancy wardrobe situation with my guy, Jonah, as yours with Elijah. Penny pinching/thrifted/hand-me-down/non-maternity stuff. This time around I would love to feel a little less random! I find the idea of a capsule wardrobe so attractive! But it's a bit daunting, because it's so not in my nature... I'm a treasure hunter/collector of things that surprise and delight, which I enjoy, but also means I've got a rainbow closet full of polkadots and stripes and yeahhh. The majority of combinations would a) make me look like a clown & b) make the average person dizzy! I think it's the opposite of a capsule wardrobe, actually. I've saved yours, though. I really like it. :)
ReplyDeleteI totally understand, Elena! I'm very much the same way. My non-maternity wardrobe is a crazy combination of several different stages of my life, most of which doesn't even remotely go together, let alone cater to my present life as a young SAHM!
Delete