Sunday, 3 February 2013

Changes Big and Small

Once upon a time, Daniel and Jordan were blessed with a little house by the ocean, with cheap rent and an apple tree. They loved their little house, painted the walls, scared away all the mice, and lived there quite happily for about a year and a half. Until one day, they packed up the truck with their (excessively large amount of) belongings, and drove off into the sunset looking for new adventures...

(Alright so most of that was true, but we actually left the house at about 4, so we were a little early for the sunset, but we did stop for Tim Hortons.)

As you have probably guessed, we have moved. Well, actually lets just say we have moved out, but not necessarily back in yet. The situation is a little unique. A couple weeks ago we were presented the opportunity to house-sit "The Farm" (Daniel's parents home, and the home where Daniel grew up) and also to take care of Daniel's youngest sister for a four month period. We thought and prayed for a couple days, and decided it was the best thing and we both felt peace about the decision.

     The downside was that we had to get packed up and moved in about a weeks time! I put most of my Cotton Fox stuff on hold and spent the mornings packing, then once Daniel came home after school we would try to take some time together, and then pack some more.

   Daniel is a master packer, I must say! After seven years of university, where each year he would move 3 times (the farm to Nanaimo at the beginning of the school year, then Nanaimo to tree planting, then tree planting to the farm again, wash, rinse, and repeat) he has become pretty efficient at packing up boxes, and watching him fit all out furniture into the back of the truck was like watching a Tetris game. I like my guys with skills. ;)

So now here I am in this massive six bedroom house, on 60 beautiful acres, feeling a little bit like a child playing house in someone else' tree-fort. It's certainly not a bad feeling, just different. I must say though, the ginormousness (what, spell-check doesn't think that's a word?) of the kitchen makes me so happy! I'm looking forward to many dinner parties and baking days!

In other news, my little 2006 Macbook is on her last... uh, legs? We've had a good run, she has been on all my post highschool adventures! Her keys are stained orange-ish from Kenyan dust, she's shown me star constellations to search for in the Andes, and she sat in many-a-coffee shop with me in Europe. Good times, ol'girl. Maybe I am being a bit sentimental. Essentially she just can't hold a charge and the chord is broken, so she's retiring to "desktop" status in her old age. Oh, and yes, she is a she. Silly. 

Hopefully I will be back on here in a couple of days, I still want to post the Earl Grey Cookie recipe (mostly because I want to bake them again) and I have lots of new ideas for both my blog and shop in 2013. It shall be a year of changes and growth! 



  Jordan


3 comments:

  1. Ahh you guys have such a rad life. Really miss you two, thank you for writing about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know your move went well. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know your move went well. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers, so don't be afraid to say "hi"!